By Eyeplus Optometrist
What Is Cataract?
A cataract is a clouding of the lens in the eye which leads to a decrease in vision. Regular eye checkup is recommended, especially you're over 60 and your vision has gotten blurry or cloudy, as cataract is a common condition in older adults.
What are the causes of Cataract?
- Age is the most common cause.
- Ultraviolet radiation (UV), mainly from sunlight
- Diseases such as Diabetes and Hypertension
- Medications such as corticosteroid and Statin medicines used to reduce cholesterol
- Eye injury or inflammation
- Alcohol, smoking etc.
What are the symptoms of Cataract?
- Vision that's cloudy,blurry,foggy
- Reduce in colour perception
- Problems driving at night (glare from oncoming headlights)
- Double vision in the affected eye
- Blur vision even with eyeglasses/contact lenses
More info: allaboutvision
Like our article? Spread the word!
For any questions, please feel free to chat with us! Just click the chat icon on bottom right of your screen. Or you may contact us HERE.